You can find a PDF of my resume here.
Pathway to Adventure Council, Scouts BSA
Since 2017, I worked for the Pathway to Adventure Council, overseeing one of their camps. While I was onsite for eight weeks out of the year, the other 44 weeks were spent working on building the camp up for the year. In particular, I was responsible for:
- Overseeing more than 1,000 youth and 500 adults throughout the summer.
- The hiring and managing of a staff of 70 people, ranging in age from 14-25 years old.
- Balancing and regulating a budget of $500,000 for the year.
- Working with leaders and scouts on any issues they may have.
- Creating, designing, and implementing new and exciting programs that impacted the youth in positive and exciting ways.
As part of my duties as chief-of-staff, I invigorated and renovated the Camp Napowan website. I was also responsible for promotions and marketing for the camp.
I was a copy editor and page designer for Shaw Media, which included newspapers such as Northwest Herald, The Daily Chronicle, and The Herald-News.
My work from those areas can be found on their websites:
The Daily Eastern News
- ‘Barn Party Shooting’
- An off-campus party ends with gunshots fired and three people injured, sent to the hospital.
- ‘Budgetary Action Items’
- The president of Eastern Illinois University releases a list of action items amid talk of layoffs and furloughs.
- ‘Martin Luther King Jr. Vigil’
- Students swarm campus to commemorate the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- ‘Phillip Phillips Concert’
- ‘American Idol’ winner Phillip Phillips performs at the spring concert.
- ‘Protest on Campus’
- Students protest all over campus to advocate for sexual assault awareness.
- ‘Toy Soldiers’
- Professor spends his life assembling an army of antique, collectible toy soldiers.
- ‘New Athletic Director’
- A feature about the new athletic director and what athletics means to him, his family.
- ‘Boston Marathon Runner’
- A student competes in the Boston Marathon one year after the 2013 bombing.
- ‘Staying the Course: President Perry to Finish Out Term’
- President William Perry plans to end his tenure at Eastern Illinois University with the same focus and goals as when he started.
- ‘Eager to Start’
- A look at the plan for newly elected state representative Reggie Phillips.
- ‘Up in the Air’
- Aerialists and dancers stun the crowd with up-in-the-air performances part of “Kaleidescopika: The Art of Unfolding.”
- ‘Remembering Samantha’
- A reflection on the life and friendship of Samantha, who died in a car accident.
- ‘Getting Involved Makes All the Difference’
- How working during college helped shape the person I am today.